MADISON, Wis. --
The Madison Fire Department said a morning fire Thursday damaged some businesses on the city's East Side.
Firefighters responded to a report of a fire at Lazybones Laundry & Storage Service in the 4300 block of Neptune Court just before 2 a.m. Thursday.
Upon arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming from the building. Crews conducted a search of the building and quickly extinguished the fire, according to Bernadette Galvez, public information officer at the Madison Fire Department.
Galvez said extensive heat, smoke and flames damaged Lazybones Laundry & Storage Service, where the fire originated. The damage was estimated at $100,000.
Fauerbach Automotive received water damage, while another business was filled with a smoky odor, Galvez said.
No one was injured in the fire.
Galvez said the fire is under investigation.
Copyright 2009 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.