A firefighter was injured while battling a raging house fire on Indianapolis' northeast side Tuesday morning.
The fire began just before 10 a.m. at a home in the 3000 block of Station Street.
Three of the six people who live in the home were there when the fire began.
Residents were alerted to the fire when the television they were watching flickered.
"They said that the circuit breakers tripped and the power went out in the house," said Indianapolis fire Capt. Rita Reith. "They then heard the smoke alarm start to go off, so they went to the back of the house and it was fully involved in fire."
Residents speculated that an electrical problem might have sparked the blaze, which caused about $80,000 in damage.
All occupants were able to get out safely. The firefighter suffered a hand injury and was expected to fully recover.
Copyright 2009 by TheIndyChannel.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.