Elderly Ga. Man Rescued From Blaze

ATLANTA --

A 70-year-old man rescued from his burning northwest Atlanta home is recovering Thursday at Grady Memorial Hospital.

Neighbors reported the fire at the house in the 2200 block of Addison Place just before 11 p.m. Wednesday.

Channel 2 Action News reporter Darryn Moore was at the scene as firefighters poured water on the home. Moore talked to the neighbor who called 911 and tried to get the homeowner out of the fire.

"We tried to get inside the house, but we couldn't because of the burglar door," said Darren Daniels.

That's when firefighters showed up.

"The firefighters were able to get in, and do a quick search and find the male victim and remove him from the house," said Asst. Chief Chris Wessels of the Atlanta Fire Department.

The victim was taken to the hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

The house is a total loss.

Copyright 2009 by . All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Loading