NEVADA, Iowa --
A second Nevada family is homeless this week following a fire early Saturday morning.
Around midnight, homeowner Steve Bruns and his wife reported seeing a red glow coming from the duct work of their fire place.
When firefighters arrived, only smoke was visible, but soon after the fire quickly spread. Three fire departments, including, Nevada, Colo and Cambridge were called out to fight the fire.
Nevada Chief Dana Wipperman said it was the roof that made this fire difficult to put out.
"We had another roof below there and it was hiding inside the chimney and once it got outside the chimney it was inside the concealed space under the roof," Wipperman said.
The Bruns are staying with their neighbors.
Firefighters are investigating the exact cause of the fire.
Another fire on Tuesday also left a Nevada family homeless. Five people were living in a two store home that was destroyed in that fire.