Delaware Firefighter Injured in Blaze

The firefighter injured his hand when the mobile home slid off its foundation.


FRANKFORD, Del. -- A firefighter was injured when a mobile home that caught fire in Frankford slid off its foundation, the State Fire Marshal's Office said.

The home, in the 33000 block of Parker House Road, was being demolished, and it caught fire at about 10:10 p.m. Saturday, said Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Randall Lee.

The Millville, Bethany Beach and Roxana fire departments responded, and one firefighter injured his hand when the mobile home slid off its foundation, Lee said.

The firefighter was treated and released from Beebe Medical Center.

Investigators determined that sparks from a gas-powered saw ignited the paper backing on the home's fiberglass insulation, the State Fire Marshal's Office said today.

The State Fire Marshal's Office investigation is continuing.

Republished with permission of The News Journal.