Three people were rescued from the second-floor of a building that caught fire Wednesday morning.
Indianapolis firefighters were called to the building at East and Minnesota streets just before 10 a.m.
Three residents were trapped inside, socked in by heavy smoke. Firefighters used ladders to get them down.
Two residents were checked and released at the scene. Another resident was taken to Methodist Hospital for observation.
Investigators said the fire began in a mattress in an upstairs hallway, but they aren't sure what sparked the blaze.