8 Hospitalized in Ohio Carbon Monoxide Incidents

Five people were found in the home, including three unconsious children.


High levels of carbon monoxide sent eight Clermont County residents to local hospitals on Wednesday.

Fire officials said a man was heating his home on Youngman Drive with a gas generator placed in the garage. A neighbor went to check the garage and discovered the high levels of carbon monoxide. The neighbor and two residents in the home were treated.

Fire investigators said the home had lost power during Tuesday's winter storm.

Later, emergency crews were called to a home on Sumner Road just after 1:30 p.m.

A Duke Energy crew reported they found high levels of carbon monoxide in the home.

Five people were found in the home, including three unconsious children. A portable generator was running in the basement, firefighters said.

A medical helicopter was requested to fly to the scene, but was not able to due to poor weather.

Stay tuned to News 5 and WLWT.com for the latest information on both incidents.