Las Vegas Firefighters Remove Woman from House Fire

A middle-aged woman was taken to the hospital after firefighters pulled her from a smoke-filled Las Vegas home early Thursday afternoon. The fire that caused the smoke was accidental in nature.

Firefighters from Las Vegas and Clark County responded to 105 Sacramento Drive at 2:05 p.m. On arrival, smoke was showing from the eaves of the one story wood-frame/stucco house. Firefighters had to force entry into the house; they found the house partially filled with dark smoke.

As firefighters searched the house, they found the fire in the kitchen. At the same time as they were searching for victims, they found the woman in a rear bedroom in bed with the covers pulled up over her. She seem confused and dazed. She was brought out by firefighters and taken by ambulance to the hospital. It appeared she might have been suffering from smoke inhalation.

Firefighters had the fire out in a few minutes. The fire started in a pan on the stove and extended into a cabinet above. Damage was estimated at $7,000.

A large pet bird inside the house was also saved by firefighters. No one else was injured during the incident. It was reported that seven people live in the house. There were no smoke alarms found in the house.

Loading