Firefighters Rescue Cats From Burning Home In Florida

Candlefire the source of blaze


Firefighters in Sweetwater came to the rescue of nearly a dozen cats trapped in a burning home Tuesday.

Officials said Joseph Marrero left a candle burning in his home in the 9500 block of Northwest 41st Street Tuesday. When he returned, he noticed smoke and called 911.

Fire rescue workers pulled the cats to safety and provided oxygen at the scene.

Marrero said he is just worried about his cats.

"The house is a little destroyed, but it doesn't matter. It's just about my cats. My mom is good and everything's perfect," Marrero said.

All the cats are being treated at the Doral Animal Clinic.

Copyright 2005 by NBC6.net. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


News stories provided by third parties are not edited by "Site Publication" staff. For suggestions and comments, please click the Contact link at the bottom of this page.