STOCKDALE - Three homes sustained damaged following a five-alarm fire in Stockdale Tuesday night.
Stockdale firefighters were called at 9:47 p.m. to 104 Railroad Street, where flames over 15-feet high blazed from the house.
Stockdale Volunteer Fire Co. Second Lt. Al Marcy said the back side of the house was fully engulfed when they arrived and it took firefighters nearly 45 minutes to get the blaze under control.
"The flames were really rolling over top of the house," said Marcy, who first arrived on scene as a RESA police officer, but then changed into his firefighting gear. "It took us some time to get it under control."
Marcy said the rental house is owned by Sam Cupari, who lives next door with his family. Both Cupari's house and another house on the opposite side sustained moderate siding damage from the fire.
"Fortunately, no one was injured," Marcy said. "This could have been a lot worse."
Marcy said firefighters were called to the same house last Thursday when a fire started in the basement. He said the occupant - who has since moved out - was working on a motorcycle in the basement and the fumes triggered the fire. That fire was ruled accident and the electrical service has been shut off since then.
State police fire marshal Shawn Jones from the Washington barracks was called to investigate last night's fire.
Firefighters from Allenport, Roscoe, California and Charleroi and Mon Valley Emergency Medical Services were also on the scene.