An apartment fire in Dayton left a single mother and her two kids out in the cold.
It happened Monday afternoon on Otterbein Avenue.
Fire officials said the flames and smoke caused about $3500 in damage.
They said the blaze started by an unattended candle.
Investigators advise putting candles out before leaving the room to prevent these types of fires from happening.
Fire investigators contacted the Red Cross to help the displaced family.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2005 by . All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.