Christmas Tree Lights Blamed For Mississippi Fire

JACKSON, Miss. --

Christmas tree lights sparked a fire at a Jackson home Friday morning, officials said.

The fire started at about 8 a.m. in a home on Woodberry Road in Jackson.

Firefighters said they think faulty lights caused the family's Christmas tree to catch fire. It was put out quickly.

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, you should keep your Christmas tree away from fireplaces, radiators and heavy traffic areas in your home.

For real trees, select fresh trees by checking for green needles that are difficult to pull from the branches.

Also, try to avoid using lights on a metallic tree.

Loading