Dallas Fire Destroys Six Apartments, Injures One

DALLAS --

At least 15 people were forced from their homes after a fire broke out at a Dallas apartment complex Tuesday morning.

Fire investigators said the fire started at about midnight at the Cherokee Village Apartments in the 400 block of North Jim Miller Road.

Officials said there were no deaths, though some residents had to jump from second-story windows to escape harm.

Firefighters said an unattended candle in a first-floor apartment likely caused the fire that destroyed six units and damaged several others.

Video: Dallas Apartment Fire Displaces Families

One woman was taken to a nearby hospital with a cut on her hand.

All of the displaced families have been moved to other apartments and the residents are receiving help from the American Red Cross.

Loading