Maryland Firefighter Injured Battling Furnace Fire

he fire displaced about 30 residents and officials said they were relocated by family members and the Red Cross.


Prince George's County fire officials said a malfunctioning furnace sparked a large fire Sunday afternoon in Laurel, Md.

The fire broke out at 1:30 p.m., at the Town and Country Apartments on Old Stagecoach Road.

Officials said 10 units were damaged, but all of the residents escaped unharmed. The fire displaced about 30 residents and officials said they were relocated by family members and the Red Cross.

Prince George's County fire officials said a malfunctioning furnace sparked a large fire Sunday afternoon in Laurel, Md.

The fire broke out at 1:30 p.m., at the Town and Country Apartments on Old Stagecoach Road.

Officials said 10 units were damaged, but all of the residents escaped unharmed. The fire displaced about 30 residents and officials said they were relocated by family members and the Red Cross.

The fire also closed a daycare center housed in the building.

One firefighter suffered minor injuries and officials said the fire caused about $500,000 worth of damage.

The fire also closed a daycare center housed in the building.

One firefighter suffered minor injuries and officials said the fire caused about $500,000 worth of damage.

Copyright 2005 by nbc4.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.