Two Kentucky Firefighters Injured in Blaze

A house fire in Simpsonville, Ky., on Tuesday night that sent two firefighters to the hospital was caused by a candle that was accidentally left burning in the house.

The fire broke out in a rental home owned by the Simpsonville United Methodist Church.

A firefighter from Eastwood was treated and released from a local hospital for first-degree burns, while a Simpsonville firefighter remains in the hospital for observation after experiencing chest pains.

The church had bought the property about a year ago, and a couple that had rented the house had recently moved out.

Copyright 2006 by WLKY.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Loading