New Mexico Fire Crews Handle Two Story House Fire

When firefighters arrived, they found flames in the wall, bedroom and ceiling of the home


Bernalillo County fire crews spent more than an hour putting out a fire in Albuquerque that may have started in a chimney early Sunday morning.

They said the family of a two-story home called police after seeing smoke.

When firefighters arrived, they found flames in the wall, bedroom and ceiling of the home.

The three people inside the home got out safely.

Authorities said now is the time of year to get your fireplaces checked out.

Copyright 2005 by TheNewMexicoChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.