Fire Hits Ohio Apartments

A fire Sunday afternoon caused about $100,000 damage to a home containing four apartments.

A firefighter and another person received medical treatment. At least two pets died in the fire.

The blaze started around 4:30 p.m. in the 400 block of West Main Street and likely was caused by an unattended candle, said Lt. Scott Nicholls of the Ravenna Fire Department.

Ravenna police helped two people escape from the building before firefighters arrived, Nicholls said.

The fire was contained by 5 p.m., but firefighters stayed at the scene another two hours.

Nicholls said one firefighter was injured and then taken to Robinson Memorial Hospital. The unidentified firefighter was treated at the hospital and released, Nicholls said.

Nicholls also said another person whom authorities would not identify at the scene was taken for medical treatment. Two cats were killed in the fire and another was missing.

Loading