February 18, 2005 -- A woman was critically burned yesterday morning when a fast-moving kitchen fire blazed through her Brooklyn apartment, authorities said.
The blaze started on the third-floor of 363 Jefferson Ave. at 5:13 a.m., and about 60 firefighters were called out.
The flames were under control in a little more than 30 minutes, sources said.
The unidentified woman was rushed to New York Hospital Cornell Burn Center with second- and third-degree burns over 80 percent of her body.
One other civilian was treated for minor injuries at the scene, an FDNY spokesman said.
FDNY sources said the fire was believed to have been caused by "careless cooking."