NEW YORK (AP) -- A second person has died from injuries received in a fire that raged for more than an hour after a caller gave a 911 dispatcher the wrong address.
Alex Sandoval, 30, died Tuesday at New York Weill Cornell Medical Center, where he was being treated for burns, The Daily News reported in Thursday editions.
Sandoval was the partner of Flor Pineda, 36, who also died in the Dec. 15 blaze. Two of their children and one child of Pineda's from a previous relationship remained at the hospital with burns, Pineda's sister, Reyna Gomez, told the News.
The early morning fire broke out after someone left a candle burning inside an apartment building at 37-52 89th St., near Roosevelt Avenue in the Jackson Heights section of Queens. It spread through the second and third floors.
Firefighters were delayed several minutes in reporting to the fire because a 911 caller had given the wrong address for the building.