Under cross-examination, Cannon asked Rivera whether Brough ever sold marijuana or other drugs.
"Never," Rivera replied.
But in a statement to investigators immediately after the fire, Rivera allegedly said Brough told him the plants weren't yet full-grown for sale.
A witness to the fire, Patricia Kozlowski, testified yesterday that she saw Brough as firefighters battled the blaze.
"I heard him say, 'Oh, God, I obscenity up,' " Kozlowski testified. "He was just repeating it over and over again."
She said Brough had his head in his hands, and was distraught and shaking his head, as firefighters carried Taylor and Rubio out of the house.
"They were banging on their chests, performing CPR, and racing to an ambulance," Kozlowski testified as members of Taylor's and Rubio's families wiped away tears.
Prosecutor Cameron said the District Attorney's Office would weigh rearresting Brough on the third-degree murder and drug-distribution charges. A rearrest would effectively appeal Deni's decisions to a higher court.
"The bottom line is he caused the death of two Philadelphia firefighters - he is a murderer," Cameron told the judge.
Since his arrest after the blaze on murder charges, Brough has been jailed without bail. Yesterday, Deni set bail at $150,000, but Cannon said he did not believe his client would be able to post that amount. Brough is scheduled to be arraigned Nov. 3.
- Second Philadelphia Firefighter's Funeral Takes Place Thursday
- Slideshow: Funeral Held For Fallen Hero - Rey Rubio
- Funeral Slideshow - Capt. John Taylor
- Funeral Video - Capt. John Taylor
- Philadelphia Firefighter Killed in Blaze Laid to Rest
- Gear Of Fallen Philadelphia Firefighters To Be Tested
- Seizures Of Indoor Marijuana On The Rise
- Captain a True Hero Until the End
- Murder Charges in Blaze that Killed Two Philadelphia Firefighters
- Two Philadelphia Firefighters Die Fighting House Blaze
- Fallen Pennsylvania Firefighter Laid To Rest
- Second Fallen Pennsylvania Firefighter Laid To Rest
- Post/View Condolences
- Philadelphia Fire Department
- IAFF Local 22 - Philadelphia
- SavePFD.com - Information on Proposed Closings, Relocations