CARSON, N.D. (AP) -- Fire has destroyed the home of the new school principal here, and the community is rallying to the family's aid.
No one was injured in the Monday morning blaze at the home of Annie Linden. Carson Fire Chief Danny Clark said the fire started in the basement, but the exact cause was not known. He said arson has been ruled out.
Linden moved to the Grant County town this year to take the principal's job. School superintendent Martin Schock said all four of her children were in school at the time of the fire.
Dawn Hanson, manager of the Cowboy Country Cafe, said residents are raising money for the family and planning a community fund-raising meal.
``When somebody moves in, you kind of take them under your wing ... do the best that we can,'' she said.