Three firefighters and a civilian were hospitalized following an apartment fire in Jefferson County Sunday morning, according to The Courier-Journal.
Firefighter Moss Clore suffered second-degree burns and Firefighter Mike Frantz suffered first-degree burns on the hand. Both men are from the St. Matthews Fire Department and also suffered smoke inhalation and were expected to be kept for observation overnight.
An unidentified Harrods Creek firefighter was treated for first-degree burns on the head and neck and returned to duty.
Resident Monica Markin suffered burns and possibly smoke inhalation and was listed in critical condition, Louisville Fire & Rescue Lead Arson Investigator Maj. Henry Ott told the newspaper.
All four were transported from the scene to University Hospital.
Crews respond to the fire at the apartment complex in the 2300 block of Glen Eagle Drive around 9 a.m. and found the fire coming from the third floor.
Firefighters took Markin out through the stairs and had the fire under control in about 15 minutes, according to the report.
The building was evacuated during the fire, but most residents were allowed back in later in the day.
Ott said the fire appears to have started on the kitchen stove of the unit and that the investigation is ongoing.