Dave Iannone, the Firehouse Online webmaster said, "Firehouse Online promises to be the most comprehensive Website dedicated to the emergency service community."
Iannone previously developed the original Firehouse Expo Online as well as the Hyattsville, MD, Volunteer Fire Department's web page (www.hvfd.com).
Following in the tradition of Firehouse® Magazine, Firehouse Online will maintain a high degree of professional journalism by delivering quality articles as well as special features unique to Firehouse Online. Firehouse Online is designed to be both an extension and an enhancement to the magazine.
Stay tuned as the future promises even more. You can easily add your Website to the Web directory, take part in online surveys, read the latest emergency service news, submit your department's activities and/or press releases, and ultimately be able to quickly research any of the past articles from the print edition.
Let Firehouse Online be your source for the latest emergency services news and information. Visit the site often at Firehouse.com as it will be updated daily with late-breaking news stories and events. If you are an advertiser, don't miss out on a great opportunity to provide exposure to your products and services.
Here's a partial listing of what you'll find at Firehouse Online:
- News - Daily-updated news from the Associated Press, PR Newswire, fire departments and other sources; links to newspapers around the world with stories associated with the fire, rescue and EMS community.
- Magazine - Recent archives from Firehouse® Magazine; downloadable forms for the run surveys and heroism/community service awards; online subscriptions; cover image archives and more.
- Links - Thousands of links to emergency services agencies, organizations, departments and more in a easily surfable and searchable environment.
- Hot Shots - Regularly updated Hot Shots from incidents and events around the globe.
- Hot Spots on the Web - See the latest websites that have been published in Firehouse® Magazine and a quick reference to the date that it was published.
- Firehouse Interactive - More than three dozen unique and searchable message forums on such topics as 2 in/2 out, job announcements, magazine feedback, firefighting, rescue and more. Allowing interaction among the world's bravest and sharing techniques, ideas, etc. Live chat will be coming in the months ahead. Included is the University of Extrication, its own forum, plus the complete archives of Ronald E. Moore's popular monthly column.
- Emergency services calendar - Event listings from around the world.
- Firehouse Bookstore - In concert with Barnes and Noble, a listing of books related to the emergency services with the opportunity to purchase instantly and have them delivered in days in most cases.
Charles Werner, a Firehouse® contributing editor, is a 23-year veteran of the fire service. He is currently a battalion chief with the Charlottesville, VA, Fire Department's Division of Training, Technology and Community Affairs. Werner serves as a technical advisor in the areas of computers/Internet and has been instrumental in the launching of Firehouse Online.