Five Killed in Possible Carbon Monoxide Incident in Md.

Prince George's County Fire says five people are dead after a possible carbon monoxide incident in Oxon Hill.

The incident took place at a home in the 700 block of Shelby Drive. Officials say a family member found two people dead. When firefighters arrived, they found three more people. All of the people were adults. WNEW's Kevin Rincon tells us that he was told all of them were construction workers.

Officials say carbon monoxide levels found in the home were over 500 parts per million. A normal reading is 0 to 5 parts per million.

Neighbors say they believe the cause was a faulty furnace. They say that most of their homes were built in the 1950s and now they are worried about the carbon monoxide levels in their own homes.

Fire and EMS crews and Washington Gas are at the scene.

Republished with permission of WUSA-TV.

Loading