Four Arkansas Firefighters Injured Battling Blaze

Four firefighters suffered from smoke inhalation and heat exhaustion following a blaze at a home of one of their own in Taylor Thursday night.


Four firefighters suffered from smoke inhalation and heat exhaustion following a blaze at a home of one of their own in Taylor Thursday night.

Two firefighters were transported to Magnolia Regional Medical Center while another two were taken to Springhill Medical Center, according to The Magnolia Reporter.

Crews from Taylor, Bussey-Sharman and Walker's Creek responded to the fire at 210 Washington Street shortly before 5 p.m. to find flames coming through the roof.

Firefighter Paul Bega owns the home and was one the firefighters transported to Springhill.

He told the newspaper that he attempted to use a fire extinguisher, but the fire was in the walls and quickly extended to the attic.

The fire started behind the dryer in the laundry area of the home.

Firefighters were at the scene until about 9 p.m.