Prince George's County firefighters battled a house fire Lanham on Friday afternoon.
Crews responded to the fire in the 6200 block of 87th Avenue around 5 p.m. to find heavy smoke coming from the roof of the two-story, split-level home, according to a department news release.
Officials said the fire appears to have originated in the ceiling light fixture in the kitchen and extended throughout the attic area and through the roof.
It took firefighters 20 minutes to get the fire under control.
No injuries were reported and two occupants were displaced.
The cause of the fire has been deemed accidental in nature and the damages have been estimated at $25,000.