Gresham, Ore. firefighters saved a man from his mobile home after a fire broke out and trapped him in a bedroom with a window protected by security bars.
According to a report published by KOIN Local 6 television station, the firefighters had only seconds to get the man out as the fire and smoke swirled around him.
Battalion Chief Mark Maunder with the Gresham Fire Department told the television station the fire likely started in the kitchen of the home in Hogan Meadows Mobile Home Park.
The unidentified man was trying to save his cats but the flames blocked the exit. Firefighters gave the man air from their SCBAs and then cut the bars with a saw.
After the rescue, the man was treated for minor smoke inhalation, according to the television station.
The dramatic rescue was captured by department photographer Greg Muhr.