Nov. 30--A firefighter was injured trying to extinguish flames that broke out at a business in Roland on Friday.
Roland Assistant Fire Chief Phillip Niemann suffered a broken right foot after part of a block wall struck him during a fire at Full Circle Screen Printing, 812 S. Roland Road in Roland at 12:42 a.m. Friday, Roland Fire Chief James Edwards said.
Niemann was taken to Sparks Regional Medical Center, where he was treated and released later in the day, Edwards said.
"The best we can tell is the origin of the fire was somewhere along the north wall inside the building. As far as the cause of the fire, it's yet to be determined," Edwards said. "The building was a total loss."
Muldrow and Liberty firefighters assisted at the scene, and the fire was contained to the single building, Edwards said. Firefighters extinguished the flames at around 3 a.m.
Niemann will likely be out for a few days to recover from his injury, Edwards said.
"I think he's scheduled for a minor surgery to fix the foot sometime next week," Edwards said.