The cover of the May Firehouse Limited Edition Tablet app for iPad and select Android devices.
Ryan Penningtons shares some of the things he learned while training in the "box of frustrations."
Firehouse Contributing Editor Ben May interviewed recently retired Reedy Creek Emergency Services Fire Chief William "Ray" Colburn.
Allen Baldwin details seven lessons he learned while responding to an apartment fire in his first due area recently.
We have compiled photos of aerial apparatus that were recently delivered around the country.
The May edition of the Firehouse Limited Edition Tablet App is now ready for download on your iPad or select Android devices, including: Samsung Galaxy Tab, Motorola Xoom and the Nexus.
- An excerpt of Ban May's interview with recently retired Fire Chief William "Ray" Colburn, who headed Reedy Creek Emergency Services. Reedy Creek provides protection to Walt Disney World in Florida.
- A new "10 Tips" feature by Dr. Richard Gasaway that explains best practices for teamwork.
- Allen Baldwin shares seven important lessons that he learned at a recent apartment fire in his first-due territory. From reports of people trapped to working with other companies and updating map books, readers will learn how to increase their readiness and communications plans.
- Ryan Pennington's "Views From the Jumpseat" article looks at the "box of frustration," a firefighter entrapment prop that shares a number of lessons. The feature includes video.
- Don't miss out on the Firehouse Monthly Quiz, Firehouse App Depot, New Aerial Apparatus Showcase and more.