Jan. 01--SAN ANTONIO -- Investigators are blaming fireworks for starting a fire that destroyed about 300 portable toilets at a rental business in East Bexar County.
The fire began about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday night at United Site Services in the 8500 block of east Interstate 10. It drew firefighters from Bexar County, Converse and Gardendale, who said they believe stray fireworks started a grass fire that spread to the business.
United's Web site said the business is the largest provider of portable toilets and restroom trailers in the country. The business' phones rang unanswered Wednesday.
Copyright 2014 - San Antonio Express-News