Three Children Die in Ind. House Fire; Heater Blamed

A space heater too close to combustibles is being blamed for a blaze that claimed three children in Indiana.

All the children were believed to be under five, according to WDRB.

Another child was injured, and is hospitalized in Indianapolis, while two adults managed to escape the fire in the New Albany, Ind. house.

Fire investigators say the fire started in a bedroom in the front of the house. The space heater and an oven were being used for heat.

Three roses have been placed in front of the burned up home in honor of the three victims.

"I remember the little boy used to come up to me and always call me Nana and that's really going to stick with me for the rest of my life," Kaye Craig.told reporters.

Miss Kaye, as she's known in the neighborhood, said she felt helpless Saturday morning when she watched her neighbor's house go up in flames.

.

Loading