Aug. 06--Firefighters rescued a person from a fully involved house fire in Vancouver's Sifton neighborhood this morning.
Vancouver Fire Department was dispatched to the house fire at 7610 N.E. 142nd Ave., at 4:53 a.m. Arriving firefighters found flames coming out of the front and sides of the residence, said Battalion Chief Rick Huffman.
They received information that a person was trapped in a back bedroom of the single-story house and quickly worked to rescue the person through the window, Huffman said.
Two firefighters were shocked by the power to the house that hadn't been turned off yet, Huffman said. They suffered minor injuries and were treated at the scene.
A house next door also caught fire, but firefighters had the fire at both residences fully contained within about an hour, Huffman said.
Copyright 2014 - The Columbian, Vancouver, Wash.