Aug. 24--SEAGROVE -- Moore County authorities are investigating an early Saturday morning fire in which one person was killed.
The fire was reported, by members of the Seagrove pottery community, to have occurred at the Lantern Hill Pottery studio.
Only a brick chimney remained standing at the residence where two vehicles also were destroyed by the fire on Brewer Road in the northwestern portion of Moore County, off Dover Church Road.
The fire was reported at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday by a person driving past the house, according to the Moore County Sheriff's Office. The structure was already burned down by the time firefighters arrived on the scene. A body was found inside.
The identity of the victim was not released on Saturday.
The sheriff's office expected more information about the fatal fire to be released on Monday.
Lantern Hill Pottery, owned by Kit Vanderwal, operates both a studio at 216 Brewer Road, Seagrove, and a retail store on East Avenue in downtown Seagrove.
Copyright 2014 - The Courier-Tribune, Asheboro, N.C.