Roebuck, South Carolina Crews Battle Double House Fire

Firefighters in Roebuck work the scene of a double house fire on East Rustling Leaves Road, off Old Georgia Road.

The two homes in the new subdivision were heavily damaged.

The fire started when a gentleman drop a piece of paper he was using to light a charcoal grill. The paper ignited the grass which spread to the homes and ignited the straw mulch and vinyl siding.

The fire quickly spread up to the walls and into the attic. Firefighters also had to contend with an electrical energized house and a leaking gas meter fire.

It took thirty two firefighters from Roebuck, Croft, Westview Fairforest, Spartanburg City, Poplar Springs, and Glenn Springs Pauline to bring the fire under control.