On January 29, 2004 at 1631 hours the Torrington Fire Department responded to a reporting working fire elderly housing complex.
Upon arrival of the fire department, there was fire showing from front and rear of apartment. The occupant of the apartment was on oxygen at the time of the fire, which increased the spread of the fire.
The fire was extinguished within 30 minutes and contained to one apartment. The fire apartment was gutted from the fire.
The occupant was treated for smoke inhalation and released.
The cause has been determined to be a candle that ignited a nearby combustible on a table.