On February 11th, at approximately 3:15 pm, Caledonia Fire Stations 1, 2, and 3 were called to a house fire at 3156 Dan-Mor Lane.
While companies were in route, dispatch relayed reports that there was smoke coming from the roof and flames from the chimney.
Engine 222 was first on scene and confirmed an active fire in the rear of the home. Fire crews stretched several lines and attacked the fire which heavily involved the chimney that ran up the rear of the house.
The fire appeared to have extended into the second floor and attic area as well. The fire was under control within about one hour.
No injuries resulted from the fire and the cause is still being determined.
The fire caused approximately $70,000 in damages.
Caledonia Engines 221 and 222, and Truck 253 battled the afternoon fire.
Mt. Pleasant Fire Department Car 141 responded as command and Racine Fire Department Rescue 8 was also called to the fire scene.