Johnson County, Texas Firefighters Fight Fully Involved House Fire

At 8:30 p.m. January 12, 2004 the Grandview Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire on FM 916, 3 miles east of their city in Johnson County, Texas.

The over seventy year old wood frame home was totally involved upon arrival of the first engine. However, electrical lines were on the ground and continual arcing prevented initial attack.

The fire was caused by a portable propane heater in the bedroom catching the bed on fire.

Mutual aid had been requested from Itasca Volunteer Fire Department and Liberty Chapel Volunteer Fire Department. It took over an hour for the power company to arrive to disconnect the power lines so that mop up could commence.