Shortly before 9am, on December 28, 2005, Union Colony Fire Rescue Authority Firefighters were called to a car fire on the 1200 Block of 7th Street, in Greeley, Colorado.
While responding crews reported a large plume of black smoke and when they arrived, they found a 1974 Dodge van fully involved in fire with flames impinging on a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire in the van and prevented it from spreading to the SUV.
Nobody was injured in the fire and damage is estimated at $1,700.
The owner of the van reported that she was attempting to start it by pouring gasoline into the carburetor when the engine backfired and caught the van on fire.
Union Colony Fire Rescue Authority does not recommend this method for starting a vehicle.
For more information of Union Colony Fire Rescue Authority visit www.UnionColonyFire.org.