The Bound Brook Fire Department (Bound Brook Somerset County, NJ USA) responded to a working structure fire at 12:50 am on Thursday November 27, 2003.
Departments from surrounding towns (Findern, Somerset, Franklin and South Bound Brook) were dispatched for mutual aid and FAST team work. It was then determined that there was a natural gas leak in the basement which in turn ignited and caused the entire structure to ignite. At that point the evacuation signal was given and all firefighter cleared the scene due to the imminent danger caused by the ignited gas leak. Local utility company responded and shut the gas off. At that point firefighters were able to fight the fire and bring it under control. 2 local firefighters were treated for minor injuries. All residents of the dwelling were outside by the time the first company arrived.
At roughly 2:30 am the fire was brought under control. Companies were on scene until 6 am and then a small crew stood watch for several hours to guard against any flare ups.
More photos and video clips can be viewed on our website www.boundbrookfd.org