Pennsylvania Abandoned House Fire

On November 4, 2005 at 2:09 pm, the Alpha Fire Company (State College, PA) was dispatched to Box 512 for a reported structure fire on Lightner St. in Ferguson Township.

Shortly after Chief 500 (S. Clouser) went responding, the communications center advised of multiple calls and that the Police Department could see smoke from College Ave.

Chief 500 (S. Clouser) arrived on scene and advised of a working fire with flames showing from the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd divisions on side B and called for a second alarm with an additional engine for a fill site. Command then asked for 6 tankers for a tanker task force due to the remote location of the house.

Engine 512 arrived on scene and hit the hydrant at the intersection of Lightner Street and Old Gatesburg Road.

Engine 514 arrived and finished the lay for Engine 512.

A total of 2900 feet of 5" supply line was laid in addition to the two drop tanks being used at the scene for water supply.

The fire was brought under control in about 1 hour.

The structure was a total loss.

Chief 500 (S. Clouser) had the command.

Units on the scene included the Chief's Car 538, Utility 522, Engines 512, 514, 511, 810 (Pleasant Gap), 310 (Boalsburg), Truck 517, Rescue 518, Tankers 519, 319 (Boalsburg), 419 (Centre Hall), 1515 (Port Matilda), 920 (Milesburg), 819 (Pleasant Gap), and EMS from Centre LifeLink (State College) . Engine 111 (Bellefonte Co. 1) and Truck 216 (Bellefonte Co. 2) were diverted from the scene to Station 5 for stand-by.

The box was placed available at approximately 7pm.

The fire is currently under investigation.

Loading