A large cloud of gas, of unknown origin made its way across 4 North Western suburbs of Sydney late this morning. These shots were taken at Toongabbie Public School. A number of children and some staff were overcome by the fumes. Complaints ranged from nausea and vomiting, tightness of the chest and coughing. Approx 600 children and staff were evacuated. Hazmat teams conducted gas detection and fire crews conducted ventilation of classrooms and buildings.
In attendance were:
New South Wales Fire Brigades:
- Pumper 43 (Seven Hills)
- Pumper 67 (Northmead)
- Pumper 57 (Wentworthville)
- 9 HAZMAT 1
- 9 HAZMAT 2
- Operational Commander West 1
- Incident Control Vehicle 2 (ICV2)
- State Operation Liaison Officer (SOLO)
- 911 (Parramatta) Paramedic Rescue
- Paramedic Command
- 4 General Duties Ambulances
- Parramatta Local Area Command Caged Trucks.