Sunday afternoon around 4PM the fire department of Vilvoorde received several calls for a serious barn fire at Zemst. At that moment the fire department of Vilvoorde called all his firefighters to fight the fast growing fire. To ensure that there was plenty of water Fire Department Vilvoorde called Fire Department Londerzeel & Zaventem for assistance. Both departments send a extra water tanker of 8.000L. Thanks to the quick response of the fire department the house, which was build right to the barn, was saved from fire. The barn and the hay in the barn were completely destroyed.
The owner of the barn tried to put out the fire itself first before calling the firefighters. At this action the man was lightly burned at his hand. The paramedics took care of the man but it wasn't necessary to transport him to the hospital.
Several hours later the firefighters could ride back to there station.
Equipment used at this fire:
- 2 Pumpers (Fire Department Vilvoorde)
- 1 Tanker 8.000 liter (Fire Department Vilvoorde)
- 1 Material truck (Fire Department Vilvoorde)
- 1 Ladder 100ft/30m (Fire Department Vilvoorde)
- 1 Ambulance (Fire Department Vilvoorde)
- 1 Tanker 8.000 liter (Fire Department Londerzeel)
- 1 Tanker 8.000 liter (Fire Department Zaventem)
About 50 firefighters fought the flames and succeeded there actions.