A nearby resident reported hearing the stores security alarm sounding at around 9:20pm Sunday night and assumed someone was trying to break into the building, he ran around the building checking doors and windows and when he came around to the north east corner of the structure he saw sparks and a puff of smoke coming from under a door.
Fire chief Ray Small was called at 9:27pm and arrived on scene to find smoke pouring from the eves of the building. When other units arrived on scene they concentrated on keeping the fire away from the gas pumps. Efforts were hampered by a fallen power line that fell on two of the fire hoses, power had to be cut before the hoses could be used to fight the blaze .
The business was a total loss.