Building Fire in Winslow Township, New Jersey

Winslow Twp., NJ- Around 5am, Winslow Township Fire Department was dispatched for a building fire at the US Components Business on Williamstown-Newfreedom Rd.

When 2500 responded he stuck the All-Hands box due to reports of heavy fire showing, while enroute, with an ominous plum covered the early morning sky, 2500 immediately struck the 2nd Alarm prior to arrival.

On arrival 2500 found an approximately a 100ft x 300ft masonry building located in the idle of a lumber fully involved.

Companies immediately went to a defensive attack mode.

The 1st Engine from 25-4 and Ladder from 25-3 lead off with their deck guns, which proved to be useless without a sustained water supply. The nearest hydrant was more then 3/4 of a mile away, to achieve a sustained water supply multiple engines from Winslow, Waterford and surrounding towns completed to hose lay. Also tankers from Camden, Atlantic, Burlington, and Gloucester counties were used to establish a secondary water supply of dump tanks.

Camden County's ISAT Team was dispatched to assist in filling all critical rolls within the Incident Command System. Command was advised by employees of the facility of the storage of hazardous materials in the main fire building.

Haz-Mat 8 was dispatched to perform atmospheric monitoring, which was complete and nothing was found. Throughout extinguishment crews utilized portable monitors and elevated Main Pipes.

A collapse safety zone established due to poor structural integrity, which hampered easy access to the fire building.

Mutual Aid companies included Waterford Twp., Berlin Boro, West Berlin, Lindenwold, Pennsauken, Camden, Gloucester Twp., and many more. Onscene communication were handled through FieldCom 1 and Gloucester County Mobile Command Unit.

In total the fire went to 5 alarms, and was place under control around 8am, although crews remained onscene until about 3pm.

The cause of the fire is being investigate by Local, County, and State Fire Marshals.

With over 60 pieces of equipment operating there was no reported injuries.