Careless Smoking Blamed for Wis. Fire

On Feb. 26at 4:50 p.m., Racine firefighters were dispatched to 3304 Victory Avenue for a report of a house fire.

Firefighters found heavy fire showing from the porch area of a side by side duplex and initiated a primary search and fire attack.

Fire crews fought the blaze for just over an hour before bringing the fire under control.

One civilian was transported to a local hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

The fire was caused by careless use of smoking materials in the enclosed front porch.

Loading