Grease Fire Contained by Fla. Firefighters

  Fire crews from Daytona Beach Fire Department responded to the 1100 block of Bradenton Road on Saturday, Feb. 19 for a residential structure fire.They found heavy smoke and flames coming from the southeast corner (rear) of the building.The...


 

Fire crews from Daytona Beach Fire Department responded to the 1100 block of Bradenton Road on Saturday, Feb. 19 for a residential structure fire.

They found heavy smoke and flames coming from the southeast corner (rear) of the building.

The homeowner was preparing a meal in the kitchen when a pan of grease ignited on the stove.

Firefighters made a quick interior attack on the fire but were hindered by heavy debris inside the home. They were able to confine the fire to the kitchen area and prevent further damage.

Due to heavy damage and debris inside the home, the homeowner will be staying with relatives.

Damage to the home is believed to be around $7,500. No injuries were reported on scene.