Puppy Revived by North Carolina Crew

 

On Jan. 9, four fire companies from Whitakers, Battleboro, Enfield and Leggett were dispatched to a house fire on Speights Chapel Road in Whitakers, N.C.

Crews found heavy fire and smoke showing from the rear of the home.

Whitakers and Battleboro firefighters made an aggressive interior attack with two - 1 3/4 inch lines and were able to make a quick knock.

Whitakers fire officer Walter Hunter found and rescued a small lifeless puppy while making the interior search.

Battleboro crews used their animal oxygen mask and equipment, and within 10 minutes they had the puppy breathing again

An hour later, firefighters were able to return the puppy to its owners who were very thankful and happy to have him back

Battleboro Fire Chief James Hardee said, “Had we arrived minutes later than we did, the puppy would've died”.

According to Whitakers Fire Chief John Taylor, the fire started due to an overloaded electrical outlet filled with extension cords. It sparked causing an ignition that was intensified because of fumes released from a propane tank located nearby the home.

The fire was quickly places under control but heavily damaged the kitchen and living room area.

Firefighters remained on the scene for a couple hours overhauling and extinguishing hot spots.

Loading