Dec. 10 Fire Damages S.C. Apartment Complex

 

On Dec. 10, a fire in an apartment complex in South Carolina left many people homeless.

A firefighter suffered a fractured bone in his lower back after a fall, according to WSPA.com.

Boiling Springs Fire Chief Steve Graham told the station that the fire was possibly sparked by cleaning chemicals that were mixed together. The blaze started in a closet and moved from the porch up through the building.

The fire destroyed five apartments, and damaged 19, reports indicated.

He told reporters that the building codes didn’t require fire walls in the ceilings, which could have limited the damage.

Loading