Fire crews from Daytona Beach Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire just before noon on Thursday Dec. 16, at 1058 Continental Drive.
They found a one-story block construction structure with heavy smoke and flames coming from the front bedroom window.
Witnesses said the home owner smelled smoke coming from the bedroom and went to investigate. When he opened the bedroom door, he was met by flames and heavy smoke.
Before suppression activities could begin, crews had to clear ceiling-high piles of clothing, boxes, and other materials in order to get to the room where the fire was located.
They were able to contain the fire to the room of origin.
Fire officials believe an overloaded electrical circuit is to blame for the fire.
Damage to the home is believed to be around $8,500. No injuries were reported.