Grease Fire Damages N.C. House

 

On Dec. 3, at 5:13 p.m., City of Rocky Mount Fire units Battalion 1, Engine 1, Engine 2, Ladder 20, Squad 1, Squad 2, Battalion 2, Nash Medic 1 and Nash County EMS responded to a working residential structure fire at 817 Peachtree St.

Crews found heavy smoke coming from the single- story duplex.

They initiated an interior attack and encountered heavy fire which had also extended into the attic. The fire appeared to have originated in the kitchen where the occupant was cooking.

rews were able to bring the fire under control within 45 minutes. The kitchen and attic sustained significant fire damage.

No civilian or firefighter injuries occurred during the blaze. Further investigation indicated the fire started from a pot of grease left on the stove.

The CRM Electrical Trouble Shooter responded and disconnected power to the residence.

Two families with a total of four adults and two children were displaced as a result of the fire.

The Red Cross responded and provided assistance to the families involved.

Loading